Sunday, November 05, 2006

Our Little American



We have been blessed with many hand me downs for Matthew for the winter and also some lovely new outfits (thank you Fleeners). They make Matthew fit right in and we feel like he is our little American. He loves the way that they speak differently and often says "Yes Ma'am" to me now, although I'm not sure that it is with the respect that it should be with. He also calls me "mom" and tells me that he needs to use the "potty"(which is what the toilet is called). This photo was taken as we arrived home from our first African American Church experience. The church that we are attending walked down the road and joined them for a wonderful time of praise and worship. They put on a wonderful meal for us. They certainly sing and interact during the preaching with great enthusiasm, charisma, yet humility and sobriety. As Anna-Marie said, "We have never heard so many 'Amens' during a message."

No comments: